Friday, December 4, 2009

Our expensive dinner in Burj-al-Arab

This beautiful tower of Dubai is built in a handmade island in south of Persian gulf. First we thought of having a Japanese dinner in any restaurant but taxi driver suggested us to try the east Asian restaurant of Arab tower located in the 5th floor.

The entering tickets of tower cost 150$ per person which made us pretty surprised! inside of the area there were villas and beaches you could take a sun bath in middle of November! We stayed outdoors and watched beautiful sunset of south and then we entered the building. Every floor was decorated beautiful with an interesting fountain system and the expensive shops were around.

After half an hour we went to the restaurant and an African boy were explaining us how is food serving system. In every salon we could have different region foods. Of course we started with Japanese meal with Sake. Masaya picked the best pieces of Sushi, Sashimi and crabs for me and since he was busy with his plate I mistaken poured a sweet dark brown sauce on my Kimchi that screwed it up :D Our next choice was Thai and then Chinese dish. There was a terrible plant in Thai salad which jumped directly in my brain and teared my eyes and I still can't forget about it..... Chinese foods are the closest ones to Persians taste. Thai and Japanese were too different for me! Then we had some desserts and finally we were shocked with incredibly expensive bill! The dinner cost was about 400US$ and I felt so sorry for my boyfriend :( but he believed it will be a great memory and it doesn't happen everyday... as always he stopped me from being worry too much :)

One hour later we came to ground floor and there was a live music there a western man playing piano and singing one of Frank Sinatra songs. When we left the building the taxi was waiting us very on time but the driver charged 100US$ from Arab tower to Sheraton hotel. I'm still trying to not feel guilty about that dinner!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow !!! that is crazy expensive Roya !!

Your boyfriend is a good man...

Followers