Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Raindrops song

Folk music is one of the cultural products of every region. Iranian folk songs are often the description of people living in their own geography. My parents are originally from Gilan province where the songs are usually about rice farms and hardships of fishing life. Here I am sharing a northern folk song/melody.



Rain Oh it's raining
Wets the fields
Things will be better
Darling Gol-nesa

My dear Gol-nesa is in Shalizar (rice field)
Planting rice
She would chill I'm afraid
She can not stand cold

Slow down raindrops
The orange petals would fall off
They are marrying my Gol-nesa to a guy
Oh merciful G-d
In this winter time
Take my life
Or bring her back












3 comments:

Amir said...

so nice.....

Unknown said...

This song is truly lovely and poignant. Lisa

Stephane said...

Wow, I'm broadcasting this in my radio show tommorrow!
Thanks for the nice discovery.

Followers